shell_layout(G, nlist=None, scale=1, center=None, dim=2)¶
Position nodes in concentric circles.
- G (NetworkX graph or list of nodes) – A position will be assigned to every node in G.
- nlist (list of lists) – List of node lists for each shell.
- scale (number (default: 1)) – Scale factor for positions.
- center (array-like or None) – Coordinate pair around which to center the layout.
- dim (int) – Dimension of layout, currently only dim=2 is supported. Other dimension values result in a ValueError.
pos – A dictionary of positions keyed by node
Return type: Raises:
ValueError– If dim != 2
>>> G = nx.path_graph(4) >>> shells = [, [1, 2, 3]] >>> pos = nx.shell_layout(G, shells)
This algorithm currently only works in two dimensions and does not try to minimize edge crossings.