Announcement: NetworkX 2.3¶
We’re happy to announce the release of NetworkX 2.3! NetworkX is a Python package for the creation, manipulation, and study of the structure, dynamics, and functions of complex networks.
This release is the result of 6 months of work with over 92 pull requests by 30 contributors. Highlights include:
- Dropped support for Python 2. We are no longer supporting Python 2.7 and we will start changing code to take advantage of Python 3 features we couldn’t before.
- Added some Moral Graph analysis functions.
- Enable matplotlib drawing using curved arrows via connectionstyle parameter.
- Remove ticks and axes labels from matplotlib plots.
- Two new generators of Harary Graphs.
- Added Dual Barabasi-Albert model
- Added VoteRank algorithm
- Added Equitable coloring algorithms
- Added planar layout algorithms
- Les Miserables network example
- Change default colors to be color-blind friendly
- Many bug fixes and documentation improvements
- Speed up of simple_cycles
- Improvements for reading various formats like GML, GEXF, Graphml
- Allow subclassing to access node_attr_dict_factory
- The G.fresh_copy() mechanism for creating an empty_graph of the same type (introduced in v2.0) does not playing nicely with pickle and others. So, we have removed the code that caused a need for that. Instead you should use the more natural G.__class__() syntax to get an empty_graph of the same type as G.
- The Graph.fresh_copy() method should now use Graph.__class__()
- ReverseView class removed in favor of reverse_view() function.
Contributors to this release¶
- Mike Babst
- Jonathan Barnoud
- Scott Chow
- Jon Crall
- Clayton A Davis
- Michaël Defferrard
- Fredrik Erlandsson
- Tanay Gahlot
- Matthew Gilbert
- Øyvind Heddeland Instefjord
- Hongwei Jin
- Dongkwan Kim
- Julien Klaus
- Warren W. Kretzschmar
- Elias Kuthe
- Eric Ma
- Christoph Martin
- Jarrod Millman
- Issa Moradnejad
- Niema Moshiri
- Ramil Nugmanov
- Jens P
- Benjamin Peterson
- Edward L Platt
- Matteo Pozza
- Antoine Prouvost
- Mickaël Schoentgen
- Dan Schult
- Johannes Schulte
- Mridul Seth
- Weisheng Si
- Utkarsh Upadhyay